"Living Sustainable Earth Stewardship"

VTGW began as a small, mom owned & operated venture, with many ideas of how to offer consumers what they are seeking. With many changes necessary for growth, natural ingredients bath & body products continue to be the main focus of VTGW. A recent addition of featuring farmer's market vendors, emphasizing the support of the Local Movement, will be highlighted weekly. Striving to provide all Earth patrons with what YOU are seeking, VTGW is your destination. Enjoy the journey!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Retracing Our Steps Through Our Creative Project

Wow...I don't think I've ever seen my pictures get posted in reverse order but hey, let's run with it; this could be fun!
Tristan and I set aside each Wednesday as a day to get creative and work on a project or two. To me, baking is like chemistry; you have math through the measurement of ingredients, and then the science component comes into play with the change from a raw form of combined ingredients to the final product-edible and yummy-through the baking process. Today was about baking "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie Bars" and we had a good time, even if the majority of mixing was my role and my assistant was a great foreman. I will include the recipe in my next post, along with a picture of the final product. By the way, they do taste good, especially with a glass of milk.



"Pre-bake status"


"Yes, this is good!"



"And you stir like so...."




"Do we have time for this today?"
So, as you see, my assistant had to check his schedule, see how much time he had in his day, gave a stir or two, tasted the pre-poured ingredients, gave a thumbs up, and let me finish the rest. A fun day, as we added another project; another posting. ~Momma G


No comments:

Post a Comment