"Living Sustainable Earth Stewardship"

VTGW began as a small, mom owned & operated venture, with many ideas of how to offer consumers what they are seeking. With many changes necessary for growth, natural ingredients bath & body products continue to be the main focus of VTGW. A recent addition of featuring farmer's market vendors, emphasizing the support of the Local Movement, will be highlighted weekly. Striving to provide all Earth patrons with what YOU are seeking, VTGW is your destination. Enjoy the journey!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pretzel Making and Brainstorming

Be careful leaving the bathroom door opening while working in the kitchen....


Aunt Annie's Soft Pretzels Recipe
1 1/2 cup of warm water
1 1/8 tsp. active dry yeast
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup bread flour
3 cups regular flour
2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. baking soda
coarse salt, to taste
4 Tbsp. melted butter
Directions:
Sprinkle yeast lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt, and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda bath with 2 cups water and 2 Tbsp. baking soda. Be certain to stir often. After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope* (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. Bake in 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter and enjoy!



This is my "Home" creative project; I make Wednesdays our days to work on creative stuff, things that Tristan can have hands on with, and most importantly, make it fun. He was great with helping, trying to roll out the pretzel sticks before shaping them into the classic bow style you see at fairs and in malls; after attempting to use the soda bath as a hand soak, he felt his time was done and he needed to get down and go play. I'm fine with that; I don't force my child to go any further than he's comfortable with at this stage in his life-after all, he's not quite three years old yet. He can sit in on policy making when he's older....
My brainstorming has been about my business; focusing on new methods of processing soap, making lotions and adding on things like lip balms, shampoos, etc...I want to keep my expanding list short this year, as with the arrival of another child, I have enough on my plate to keep me busy. So, when you need to brainstorm new ideas, get creative-I do. I find it helps my thought process with new ideas, new projects, etc...I also use my creative outlet as a form of meditation; I'm not one to sit and try to empty my mind-I really don't have that much time on my hands with a little one running around, a house to manage and maintain, and a business to run....besides, I really don't want to miss those priceless moments....would I have found the dog in the bathroom if I were focused on something else? Who knows.
Blessings,
~Momma G


No comments:

Post a Comment