"Living Sustainable Earth Stewardship"

VTGW began as a small, mom owned & operated venture, with many ideas of how to offer consumers what they are seeking. With many changes necessary for growth, natural ingredients bath & body products continue to be the main focus of VTGW. A recent addition of featuring farmer's market vendors, emphasizing the support of the Local Movement, will be highlighted weekly. Striving to provide all Earth patrons with what YOU are seeking, VTGW is your destination. Enjoy the journey!

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Night Before

It's May, and time to work. I've been freelance writing, which I'm continuing, and now its time to make soap again. I have all the materials and ingredients I need, and as of tomorrow, my adventures into the world of cold processing will begin. The best part is, that I'm using wood ashes to make my lye water. After discovering this "ancient" processing method tied into Vermont's history, I began to brainstorm how it can be broken down from gallons and pounds of ingredients, larger than life equipment to process, to a more modern, kitchen countertop method. After some research through Vermont historical accounts of "the potash industry," notetaking, more brainstorming, and extensive thought, I decided to give it a try. I will be writing about this method to post here, as well as taking pictures to give visual confirmation, as I move through the process.
Market season is upon us, and I'm really hoping to be where I planned to be this year; I know my season will be "as it goes" in the beginning, having to fill the absence in the middle, and coming back as strong as I can towards the end. So, here's to soap making, sun filled days to come, and endless possibilities. ~Momma G

No comments:

Post a Comment